Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome to the Nurse Ed blog!

Welcome! This blog is dedicated to all different types of nursing education. I would like to use this forum to talk about current trends in nursing and talk about things in clinical practice that may be useful for nursing students. Feel free to leave comments or send me an email at brittanymnewberry@gmail.com about topics you would like to see covered. Before we get started, let me introduce myself a bit.

My name is Brittany Newberry and I am a graduate of Emory University in Atlanta. I completed my BSN in 2001 and my MSN/MPH degree in 2003. My MSN is a Family Nurse Practitioner degree and my MPH degree is in Environmental and Occupational Health. Currently I am working on my PhD in Educational Technology at Northcentral University.

Currently, I teach a pediatric clinical rotation at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta for both Junior and Senior nursing students. Before coming to Emory, I worked at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta as a staff nurse in neurology/neurosurgery and then as a nurse educator for that same floor. I then went on to work as the nurse educator for the outpatient immediate care, primary care and specialty care clinics associated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

I am originally from Atlanta. My husband and I currently live in Blue Ridge, GA so I commute to Atlanta once a week. We recently got an apartment near the Emory campus so we load up our dog and one of our cats for the journey each week! The other 2 cats and the 10 chickens stay in Blue Ridge. In my spare time, I love to do outdoor activities like hiking, walking, canoeing, camping and kayaking. I am also an avid reader and knitter. My husband and I run a small knitting company where we sell hand-dyed yarn, knitting pottery (my husband is the potter!) and we have lots of educational videos about knitting and crochet on YouTube. If you want to learn to knit in your spare time to relieve some nursing school stress, you can go to www.knitwitch.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment